Water Disconnection and Reconnection Procedures
• A customer who has been disconnected from the service either for the reason of debt accumulation, meter tempering, illegal reconnection/bypass or for their own request, After paying their outstanding bills or penalties, reconnection slip will be prepared by customer service assistant, and approved and signed by a customer relation officer.
• After being approved, reconnection slip will be sent to meter shop unit so that a customer can be reconnected.
Payment is as follows: -
• For a customer who has been disconnected for debt accumulation, he/she has to pay all or part of the debt plus reconnection fee.
• A customer who has been disconnected for meter tempering, he/she has to pay Tshs. 60,000/= as a penalty so that he/she will be reconnected with a new meter.
• For the one who has been disconnected for illegal reconnection/bypass, he/she is supposed to pay a penalty